CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement
Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us.
Outline of the role:
This role provides general administration assistance to the local community office as well as specific support at fundraising events. Campaigns such as Do it For Cancer, Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and The Longest Day Golf Challenge which are major Cancer Council fundraisers.
The Events Administration Assistant undertakes administrative duties including writing and mailing letters, answering phones, preparation and distribution of information kits, entering data into a database and on site event assistance.
• General administration tasks including customer service, reception, postage, filing documents, preparing certificates and fundraising information packs.
• Social media management.
• Database Management with an inhouse CRM. This includes data entry, running reports and updating records.
• Maintain adequate supplies for events as appropriate.
• On location event support and assistance.
• Contribute to process improvement.
• Conduct outgoing calls to event participants and cold calling businesses.
• Design marketing collateral as required.
• Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders.
• Manage the return of event documents and equipment.
• Organise equipment and/or materials to assist in fundraising and raising awareness where required.
• Manage documentation for events.
• Maintain sound knowledge of Cancer Council NSW Fundraising Guidelines.
Our ideal volunteer will have:
Benefits of the role for the volunteer:
• Supporting cancer patients and their families
• Volunteering for a great organization working toward a cancer-free future
• Making a real difference for local people affected by cancer
• Great networking opportunity
• Access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
Key Values for Volunteers:
Our values influence the work that we do, and the way we work with our colleagues and with our community.
• Innovation - Seek and embrace the best
• Responsibility - Be accountable for our results and resources
• Courage - Speak out and step up
• Collaboration - Work together to achieve our goals
Why wait! Apply online by clicking on APPLY and submit your cover letter and resume!
You will need to create an account to apply for this volunteer position if you don’t have one already.
Please note, the health and safety of our people is a priority for us, to access our workplaces our employees and volunteers are required to be up to date with their COVID vaccination, proof of vaccination will be required to attend interviews.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Gemma Pedri , Community Relations Coordinator, on 02 4923 0702.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed.